Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Who knew???

Let's start this out by saying that baseball is my favorite sport.  It is my favorite sport to not only watch but also to play (well softball).  Go Yankees!  I think when you grow up  in Spanish Fork you like have to love baseball.  I don't know how many games I went to growing up and if you didn't go to Sunshine Tournament you were like a total loser!  :)  Anyway, if anyone would have asked me what my 2nd favorite sport was to watch I would have to say uh gymnastics!  I just don't really have one but I do now!!  Basketball!!!  I don't know if it is Kyle Korver or the jazz cheerleaders (they did do a dance to Single Ladies)  lol but last year and this year I have really gotten into it!  I actually for the most part get the game and it is fun.  I also have been to a couple SFHS games which was supposed to be to watch my niece cheerlead but in the end I got into the game!  I think I am actually going to try and go to the rest of SF's home games!  Oh and i will tell you one sport that i just don't like!!! FootbalL!  Too many players, too many rules, and too far away!  

So last Saturday me and Jared did go to the jazz game and it was so fun!  A guy from Jareds work has season tickets on row 11.  

Lebron James is possibly the biggest baby in the whole world!  He barely would get touched and he would rollover and start crying!  

Okay and one last thing...if you are a girl and are planning on attending a Jazz game here are some of the rules (well things I noticed).
1.  You have to be totally decked out in your true religions with your sparkly tops!
2.  Your stilettos have to be atleast 4 1/2 inches.
3.  Your plastic surgeon a.k.a. your boob job guy better be the one that sits behind the hoop and sways his flag, rubber ducky, or throws his frisbee up in the air.
4.  And last but not least you better have a crush on Korver!  :)   

All in all it was such a fun date to go with my hubby and have some quality time with not kids! In closing  GO JAZZ and GO YANKEES!

10 comments:

Kandas said...

Katie you are funny! How fun. I have only been to one Jazz game and we were on the the very top row. Ok, maybe not very top but it was close.

A New Life Student said...

That is so funny. We use to love to go the jazz games but I was always missing one of those sparkly tops! I have to say that is a very good observation!

The Burns Family said...

lol, that was to funny. I'll have to remember my jeans and sparkly top, next time I go. BTW, you look awesome in that picture. Now I really want to go. We'll see...

The Burns Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Wendi said...

So fun! I completely agree that the Jazz games are a blast; however, the last time I went, I left feeling a little upset. As I was innocently reviewing the roster, I couln't help but be disturbed to find that nearly half of the team was younger than me (keep in mind that this was more than two years ago). It was such a sad moment -- a realization of how fast time really does pass. Maybe if I borrow your jeans and sparkly top to attend the next game I will feel more youthful and not so depressed -- or maybe I'm just ranting because one of my students called me "elderly" today in class.

Herd of Sheps said...

Kate, you are funny! I have noticed that very thing about Jazz games!! Granted, I live in heels so that part didn't phase me but the very evident plastic surgery all over the place did. And, I have to disagree with you on the Jazz Dancers, the drive me completely and totally crazy!! I am starting to wonder if you have to have skill anymore to be a Jazz Dancer or just a hot bod, hair extensions and be willing to live in tube tops?

Ashley Garbe Smith said...

Go Yanks! We're big Yankees fans in this household. I just have to tell you I am laughing SO hard at your comment you left on my blog. The "f" word club is SO funny and that poor girl who drank the "fresca"...I'm not sure if I ever want a daughter!!! I guess the good outweighs the bad though because we - well at least you - turned out just fine ;-)

Anonymous said...

Sorry lady but I have to say it, "RED SOCKS ROCK"! JAZZ games are a blast, we haven't been in years but the memories are great. I love your photo.

Andrea said...

There ya go!! I LOVE to go to jazz games! They are so much fun!

Kandas said...

Hey there- Thanks for the family room comment. Yes you do need to come and see it in person. In fact, we should do a game night... maybe this weekend??
As for the movie... there is no way I am going to rent that and sit through it again no matter how it ends. AHHH!! I was so beyond frustrated by the time we left. I agree that life isn't always roses but it is only that dysfunctional if you choose it to be and I choose for it not to be!!!
LOL- it is funny how differently people see things. Speaking of movies though... ready to see Bride Wars again?? I am!!