Thursday, January 8, 2009

Christmas anyone......as

I can't believe another year has already come and gone.  It seemed like the holiday season just flew right on by.  I love the holidays!  I love being with family, eating good food/treats, playing games, going to see Christmas lights, and seeing some good Christmas movies.  I first saw Four Christmases---LOVED IT----next was 7 Pounds----HATED IT----next was Marley & Me--- Loved it-----last was Benjamin Button---Weird but good!  I am usually pretty easily entertained but 7 pounds was just sad and not enjoyable! 

My mom decided to celebrate our Christmas early this year.  I have four siblings and trying to make it everywhere on Christmas Eve or Day is hard for all of us to get a time that matches.  So this year we started a new tradition and we will do our family thing the Sunday before Christmas.  It was a lot of fun.  It is total chaos at the Shepherd house!  My parents have 19 grandkids and the worst part is 13 of them are boys!  It is chaotic but a lot of fun at the same time.  Boston has a blast with all of his cousins!  They all take off their shirts and have a big wrestling tournament.  This year my parents gave all the grandkids an air hockey table and a foose ball table and a wii(it all stays at there house but now they have something to do and not drive the adults nuts)!!  They totally loved it.  My kids are so good at playing air hockey. I will have to get a video of it.  They are pretty good with eye coordination!  

The kids playing air hockey with Uncle Ben as the referee.
Jared, Lillie, Kellie and John playing foose ball!
Shepherd chaos opening all of our presents!
All Lillie cared about was the wrapping paper!
Me, Ben, and Ashlie enjoying the chaos!
And of course no party is complete without the CHOCOLATE FOUNTAIN!!!!

The Auger family is starting to be a little crazy too.  When me and Jared got married we only had one niece and now we there are 6 nieces and nephews and they are all under the age of 5!  So it is crazy!  We had such a fun Christmas eve!  We started out the day with a movie, Madagascar 2!  Then we went up to the Augers and ate dinner, acted out the Nativity.  Boston was Joseph this year and Halle was Mary.  It was pretty cute.  Boston did such a good job.  He actually put on the dress up stuff and did what Jared told him to do.  :)  After that we opened presents.  The next morning we got to talk to Jareds brother Tyson.  He sounded so good and we are really excited for him to get home!  

McKay and Lillie hugging it out!!
Mckay tackling Boston!  His favorite thing to do.
We slept at Jareds parents Christmas Eve and I only have a few pics of Christmas morning we mainly recorded everything and JoAnn snapped pictures on her camera.
  
Boston Christmas morning on his new scoooter!
Making breakfast!!
And no Christmas morning would be complete with out Breakfast Rolls!!  Mmm!!
I feel like we did a hundred more things in December but I was such a slacker with my camera.  So I guess this is all you get.  I hope everyone had a great Christmas, and a Happy New Year!  And I hope 2009 is a good year for everyone!!



3 comments:

The Daley Fam said...

Oh wow, you did a ton over the holidays! No wonder the only time I saw you was at church. It looks like you had a ton of fun though. The picture of Boston riding his scooter is so cute. He looks so happy. I love it!

Kandas said...

Busy, but fun!! Love the pictures. Thanks for club last night. You throw one organized party! I love it!

utmommy said...

Looks like fun times!