Monday, December 8, 2008

Baby Jesus

Last Monday for FHE we went up to a live Nativity in American Fork.  I have to be honest and when I heard what it was I was a little skeptical.  I thought it would be so cheesey!  Little did I know that it would be so spiritual and emotional and as a bonus my kids were actually very reverent and enjoyed it.  They were so good. 

Dad, Me, Lillie, Jared, Boston, and Mom
 
When you get to AF it is kinda on a little farm.  Not a ton of houses it kind of reminded me of Lake Shore or Benjamin.  The first thing you do is get hot chocolate and then you go to a big bon fire and you sing O Come All Ye Faithful and then you walk quite a ways down and you go and knock on a door and the "Inn Keeper" has no room!  Then you walk quite a ways more and then you find the Wise Men and they tell you about a Babe that is to be born.  (note:  my kids were good because they had life stock the whole way that you walked!) Then you walk a little further and you find the Shepherds and they read a scripture and you sing another song.  Then you keep walking and up on a hay stack are about 10 young girls and they sign a hymn.  Then off to the right you see a manger and big star on top of it.  You then walk over to the manger and see baby Jesus, Mary, and Joseph.  

Mary talked about the Christ child and what his life would be like from teaching people all over the world to grabbing the babies little hands and saying these would be pierced and his little feet.  He died for me, he atoned for me so that I could be where I am today.  It was very emotional for me.  I think once you have kids and you want to give them everything possible.  You always want them to be happy and you want the best for them.  I hear people talking about where they are going to deliver their babies and which hospital is good and which nurses and while I was sitting on a haystack looking at the baby all I could think about was Mary.  No hospital, no nurse, no doctor, no EPI!  I guess you could say that I looked at Mary in a different light and I am so grateful for her.  
I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday season!  And during all the hustle and bustle we can all take time to remember our Savior, Jesus Christ.  Our perfect example!  Merry Christmas  

2 comments:

utmommy said...

Sounds like it was a great night.

Andrea said...

That sounds like that was an awesome experience! That would be fun to do.
Thank you so much for all your help with the party!