Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Happy Birthday Jared

Okay so I know it is a little late because Jareds Birthday was on Friday...but my motto with two kids has been.  BETTER LATE THAN NEVER!  For Jareds birthday I got him a DVD and a plane ticket to Houston to go and stay with his sister Jenni.  She has lived there for three years in June and Jared has not been out to see her yet.  So back in like February her husband Eric called and told Jared that he needed to come out and go golfing for a weekend .  Jared told him no and so then I went ahead and got the ticket and surprised him.  He is so excited!  I put him on a scavenger hunt all over neighborhood to find out where he was going.  It was so fun and we both felt like little kids.  :)  His last clue led him to his favorite place...Happy Sumo.  We had dinner with my family and his.  It was fun to get together without kids.  It was actually a pretty peaceful night.  After dinner we went to Rocky Mountain Chocolote Factory and got a carmel apple.  Then we went and watched my niece do her solo at a competition at Timpview.  It was a fun day.  Anyway I just want to list a few reasons why I love my hubby!
*I love the way that no matter how hard he tries he can never get mad!
*I love the way he is with kids.
*I love that he lets me go to the movie at 9:30 on Friday night
*He is the best cuddler in the whole world.
*He has the softest lips...which makes his kisses the BEST!
*I love that he is so selfless and always putting me and the kids first.
*I love that he loves my crazy family.  
*He will never say no to a calling and is such a great example to me.
*I admire him that he actually enjoys school.
*I love that he lets me have girl night, work out night, and One Tree Hill Night!
*He always takes  me to the temple.
*I love that he lets me go to the latest 'party' (shoe, jewelry, bows..)even though he hates them.  *I love that we can talk forever and we say okay we are going to sleep now and 45 minutes later we are still in a full on conversation.
*This one is bittersweet for me...somehow someway Jared manages to get everything literally free!  Which is a good thing but somehow I don't have the same manipulative skills and so everything I do is costs money!  So ya i still love him for his persuasive skills with sales people and family and whoever else he can fanangle!  :)
*He is not only my husband but my best friend!
*He totally tolerates my diet pepsi with a lime in a styrofoam cup with crushed ice habit!
*In the end I just love him more than anything.  He is my perfect match and we have had an amazing four years and I can't wait to see what else the future holds for us.  I love you babe!

2 comments:

Lowe Down said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JARED!!!! Katie, you are so cute, and nice to write that stuff about Jared!! You have such an adorable family! So we might be coming out there in a couple of months. Are family wants to take a vacation without the kids, and we were going to drop off Carson at Grandma's!!! We will let you know when we are coming out!!

Liz said...

awww - how sweet katie! you guys are the cutest little couple, and i am impressed with the creativity on his birthday present!
p.s. i love your blog!