Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Smiley Face

Can you believe it has been another week!  What a week we have had!  We feel each day that we are getting more and more settled in.  We are loving our home, our ward, and the kids adore their school!  Each week I am so impressed by Boston and Lillie.  Kids really are amazing creatures that are so resilient and upbeat!  So grateful for them even if they are little high strung most of the time.

Over the weekend we were able to celebrate Boston's 7th birthday!!!  I took pictures on my phone and so I will upload them sometime.  For his birthday he really wanted to go to the bowling alley.  Let me tell you how expensive Melbourne is...it is $14.50 a person to bowl!  So for our family of 5 it would have been $72.50! For one game!  I am use to BYU bowling where the whole family can bowl for like $15!!  Anyway, once we got to the bowling alley and paid to bowl Boston asked if we could do the arcades instead.  Which was *heaps cheaper to do the arcades.  So that is what we did!  Then we went out for a steak dinner (Bostons favorite behind Los Hermonos) and then we went to our Ward party.  Which happened to be a cake auction to help raise money for the youth.  Lucky for me (but mostly Boston) I bought Boston the coolest *Tin Tam and M&M cake for a whoppin $65 (it was for a good cause, right)! Happy Birthday Boston, sure do love you to pieces!

We did it!  We swallowed our pride or more like I swallowed my pride and bought a van!  Once again the prices in Australia are crazy when it comes to cars!  We bought a 2001 Chrysler for $12,500!  {gag}


As a family we have been trying to decide on a name for the beauty.  The golden egg, the golden statue, the golden eagle...but it was not until Jared's realization of what the three letters on our cars license plate did we settle on a name.....The Golden ZIT!
In the words of my sweet 5 year old, in a giggle, that is what mommy gets! (Thanks Lillie, you are now officially removed from the will!  NO golden zit for you)

Going to give you a little sneak peak into our home.  Don't expect too much seeing that our container has not arrived.  Speaking of, would you like to see the "vessell" that all of our stuff is on.  When Jared showed me the picture last night I was quite impressed.  So, I thought I would share.  Crazy to think that our stuff has traveled on this boat all the way from America!  Amazing!!  

Here is a picture of our house! Very modern!  I love it!  Their are things throughout our house that one day when me and Jared build back in Utah that we will definitely be incorporating into our house!  I will feature some of these items through out the years we live here (so keep reading ;))

The view from our balcony...

My mom was quite amazed by our mailbox and she thought we should share!  They put the mail in that little whole and then on the back it opens up with a key!  Pretty cool!  Speaking of addresses...anyone want to come see us!! :)

Our beautiful kitchen table and chairs.  Or, as the Aussies say *tresses!

This is how Pax watches TV!  :)

Our sleeping arrangements...

House Feature #1
I love this!  This is actually built into the wall and we have one built into the wall in the garage.  It is for shoes.  
Each drawer just slides open and you put your shoes in it!  It is brilliant!  I think that you could get really creative with these!

Me and Pax were able to go on a play date last week with our sweet friend Kerri and her son Lincoln.  We went to an indoor play centre because the weather was rainy.  Kerri ordered us some hot chocolates and *mini chinos for the kids.

Lincoln and Pax loving the balls!

Pax, Lincoln, and Kerri taking the Thomas the Train through the *shopping centre!

Also, they do not celebrate Halloween down under.  Which for me that does not hurt my feelings one bit.  I think Halloween is my least favorite holiday.  It is so much work getting the kids all dressed up and then take them to see grandmas, grandpas, trunk or treats, neighbors, etc.  The Auger family is totally fine being on bi for a couple years.  But what we will miss the most is my *Mums birthday is on Halloween!  So we will miss her homemade chili, Ashlies homemade bread-sticks, and just all meeting at her house where my dad has gone to Sam's Club and bought the kids king size candy bars (and most likely that is where he got my moms gift too...haha)!!  That is what I will miss!  Happy Birthday Mom!  Love you a million brown licorices!

Aussie Slang Guide
*Heaps- they use this word to describe anything in large amounts.  "Heaps and heaps of rain came down today!"
*Tresses- folding tables
*Tim Tams- An Australian cookie type treat. They actually do sell in the US now but according to Jared (and any missionary that served here) they are better here in Oz!
*Mini Chino- a cup literally full of froth and Pax loved it.
*Shopping Centre- Kinda like a mall.  But they have grocery stores, and pharmacies, and every shopping centre has a huge fresh fruit market that are to die for.  
*Rubbish- Trash or garbage.  It is the rubbish man, take the rubbish out, etc!
*Wet his tummy- While on our play date Kerri said she needed to wet Lincolns tummy...I had to ask her what that meant...she said ya know get him a drink.  I said...oh...wet his whistle!  And she said What!!!
*Boot- trunk of the car
*Mum- Mom

4 comments:

upthebighill said...

Love all of your posts. Makes me feel like you are not so far away!!! Happy Birthday to your mum and Happy Halloween to all of you!!!

Heart N Soul Dance said...

I love it!!! Just can't get enough info every week. Keep it coming. Love the "Zit". Question---So since everything is so expensive compared to the US, do they pay you more so all things are somewhat affordable? Love your guts.
Diane

PixieGirl said...

Picturing you driving a minivan puts a smiley on my face! Also, you have great taste in music...I love red!

Ty, Whit & Bree said...

I just came across your blog on Whits. What an incredible experience. Hope you don't mind if I look in on your blog every now and then. ;).