Sunday, November 11, 2012

Testimony

Happy Sunday to everyone. I bore my testimony in church last Sunday and it was scary. I want to remember these early months here, the good, the bad, the hard, the Victories!

I told myself I would not cry, I think I got out good morning bro..... And then the tears came. I feel like the Lord has blessed me and my family so much in the last month that I needed to Stand and publicly thank Him.

We have gone through so many changes since being here. Learning to adjust being away from family and  friends and getting used to new schools.  Those are obviously the big things.  Learning to drive on the other side of the road! Keep left! Learning the Aussie slang,  It is the rubbish man and the one I will never get used to...asking a stranger where the nearest toilet is. I just feel like my mama taught me no manners when I say that!!  Like I said we have just had change after change.  I get really homesick.  I cry a lot.  I miss things a lot.  My kids get homesick and they don't know how to deal with these big feelings.  Change. Change. Change.  The ONE thing that has stayed constant and 'normal' and feels like home is The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.  I have immediate friends, people who believe the same things as me, and I have a ward family.  I ran into a lady at McDonald's who is from New Orleans.  She has lived here a little over a year.  Somehow we got talking about religion and she said her church is a lot different here in Australia.  She was naming some differences of the two and she asked me if my church was the same.  With a smile on my face I told her that mine is EXACTLY the same.

I have a greater respect for missionaries.  What a hard thing.  These kids pack up and do at such a young age.  They leave everything they know to go and spread the word of God.  Also, to all you moms out there with missionaries... they are okay.  Wherever they are they have a ward family.  They have something that is familiar and truly amazing.  What an amazing church we belong to.  I am so grateful for my knowledge of my Savior.  I am so grateful he knows me and knows my little family and knows what we stand in need of.  I am grateful for his perfect example.  I am grateful for the people in our ward that have taken our family in so generously.  We truly feel loved by all of you.

3 comments:

joann auger said...

I'm crying too!!! So many lessons we learn along the way. The gospel is true and I am so grateful for the great members in Australia who are taking my kids in and loving them!!! Love you guys!! Talk to you soon.

PixieGirl said...

The word SAME is so familiarly homey isn't it! When everything else is changing I love that we have one thing that will ALWAYS be the SAME! Love you!

Unknown said...

Waa waa waa! Love and miss you all! You old soul;)