Thursday, October 25, 2012

Victory

Another week, and another round of emotions.  It is crazy to me how emotions can work.  We can go from the highest of highs to the lowest of lows in a matter of seconds.  So, here's the thing that I need to start off with...Heavenly Father knows me and knows of my needs and my families needs.  He loves me!  He is not going to leave me hanging.  We have had some really hard moments since being here.  Like really hard moments.  Just when I feel like giving up and thinking lets just go home, we get what we have decided to call "A VICTORY!!" Sometimes these so called "victories" are cheesy things like we made it to the store before it closed.  The shops here close at 5:30 except for Thursdays and Fridays.  But some "victories" are more like tender mercies from the Lord.  Which in those moments of these sweet sincere moments I am ever so grateful for my knowledge of a loving Heavenly Father.  

We were finally able to move into our home on Tuesday.  Which is a good thing.  However, we had someone else inspect our home for us while we were still living in Utah and we saw pictures but didn't pay too much attention to detail.  Our whole house is either tile or hardwood floor. Which is lovely minus the fact that it is very loud and everything echoes. But the real problem arose when we realized that our container of everything still has not arrived.  Which means no beds! It will be docking here in Melbourne on October 30th and then about a week to clear customs, a week of quarantine, and then a couple days until it is delivered at our house!!  We walk into our house which is lovely, by the way and I soon realize that we are going to need blow up mattresses or something.  We have made some kind and generous people in our ward who had already offered to bring us blankets, sleeping bags, and pillows.  In my head I thought we were prepared but sleeping on hardwood floor did not sound like too much fun.  A couple of days I am sure I could handle.  I was raised by the coolest redneck in Spanish Fork and the least I could do to make him proud would be to spend a couple nights on the floor! Ha!  But we are talking possibly up to three more weeks before we get our container with our beds.  But lets face it...I am also what my dad calls HM (high maintenance)!!!

Right in the midst of my tears Jared got a text from some of our doTERRA family asking if we needed anything.  Jared asked if it would be possible for them to come and sit with the kids while we ran to a store to get some rugs, blow up mattresses, etc.  They said absolutely and to make a long story short when we got home from the store they had brought over three single mattresses and a double mattress from their home.  It really made my heart so happy to be surrounded by such nice people.  Not only were they an answer to my prayers but I am sure they are an answer to my Mom and Jareds moms prayers!!  On top of that this same friend wears the same oils as my Mom and when I hug her I just want to cry and up until that night I have always held them in and been good  but that night I cried, and she cried with me!  They ended up watching our kids for three hours or so and by the time we got home the kids were calling them Aunt and Uncle.  It made me happy!  It made my kids happy and that's all that matters to me!  For a few more weeks we will be wearing the same 10 outfits we have had since August 17th and tonight I don't really care. We are in our home, with mattresses on the floor, and warm blankets and so tonight my friends I CHOOSE to be not only grateful but happy!  

We have had some great moments  in the last week as well.  We went to the Stringy Bark Festival and did some fun stuff.  We got to see some cool animals and play on amazing park!

Boston was mostly excited to send these pictures to his buddy at home of all the animals.  Hunter these are for you buddy!

Boston with a prey mantis on his hat!! Eek!

Got to see a turtle!


And a lizard!


A couple of Kangaroo's  ;)


Ranger Roo!


A big game of chess!


A real owl!!


And an eagle..I think!


Oh yes people...they still Zumba down under! :)


Found these Rockstars!  Rockin doTERRA!! :)


They got to climb the rock wall.  Instead of climbing up...they climb across!


This park was amazing.  We will for sure be going back to it.  It was really like a park in the middle of a forest or something!  It had some cool things for the kids!!


Of course it would never be the same with out bounce houses 


and fun little kid rides!


Kind of random...but for some reason this made me smile!  Cat lovers are down under! :D


Here is to another week of VICTORIES
and
Here is to another week of......


With love...


 Your, Aussie Augers


P.S. Downloaded this album and have loved every minute of it!! Music is something that is wonderful to me!  And also it helps that I am a huge T. Swift fan!  She especially reminds me of my sisters, friends, family, and I love it!   


 Aussie Slang

Ta- Thank You
Mum- Ma
Bogan- White Trash People
Ute- Is what they call trucks (Di, thats for you)
Waggin School- Sluffin school

8 comments:

ErinandMark said...

Oh I love you guys!!! I am sorry it is taking so long to get your stuff but I am glad the Lord has blessed you with good friends to help! We need to Skype or FaceTime soon! Tell everyone hi and give them a big hug and kiss from me!

joann auger said...

I am sitting here at work just a crying!!! Love to hear everything you are doing and that you are seeing the tender mercies our Heavenly Father is sending your way. Especially love the picture at the end. Your HAPPY little family!!! It was great to talk to you last night. Love you all tons. Mom

Jenni and Eric said...

Katie, love hearing about everything you are doing, keep them coming. Thanks for the reminder that Heavenly father really is there for us! Love you guys!

The Daley Fam said...

Okay, I LOVE reading your amazing posts. I can't read one without crying. You and your amazing attitude is so inspiring. I love your testimony. Thanks for the great updates!

The Daley Fam said...

P.S. The very last picture of your family is perfect. It needs to be blown up!

Unknown said...

Katie,
You may be a little HM but I knew you of all people could make it through this adventure. You are all about trying new things and getting out to all kind of events. And I have never known you to have a bad attitude. You are always the one telling me to look for the good and chin up. Right? I am so proud of you. You are a trooper. i love your stories and please keep them coming. Love you.

Unknown said...

Katie,
You may be a little HM but I knew you of all people could make it through this adventure. You are all about trying new things and getting out to all kind of events. And I have never known you to have a bad attitude. You are always the one telling me to look for the good and chin up. Right? I am so proud of you. You are a trooper. i love your stories and please keep them coming. Love you.

Heather said...

I love the picture of you guys at the end!!! Sarah tried to face time you at midnight last night when we were all together. I was really hoping to be able to see your face :( next time maybe. I get my iphone friday!! But I have no idea how to use it. I have been thinking about you a lot these past few days and have asked Brandy for updates. I am so proud of you Katie! xoxox p.s. I also noticed my blog wasn't on your link list. I am going to do less on fb and more on my blog so here it is if you want it! 3menand2ladies.blogspot.com