Friday, October 10, 2008

pRoJecT!!!

It is true!  I accomplished a project!  All of my friends lately have been into making aprons.  I think they are so cute.  So my sister in law, Jenni, was here from Texas and we were trying to think of something to do with six kids! HMM!!  A sewing project.  Okay so probably not the best idea but it was fun.  We got our pattern from Kandas and it looked liked something we could master.  All of my in-laws sew.  I have not sewn anything since Mrs. Irvines 9th grade sewing class.  But I have to admit that I really liked it and the more I did the easier I got.  It is all about CONFIDENCE when you are sewing.  :)  They turned out really cute!  Thanks for your help ladies.     

No laughing~!  I am just learning!

Jamie...quite the little seamstress!
THE FINISHED PRODUCT!  Me and my cute sister and mother in-laws!!!

12 comments:

Nick and Amera said...

Good job Katie! Im so impressed, really! I am, because I know I could never EVER pull that off! I think they are adorable!!! I havent picked up a needle or a thread EVER---shocking, I know. HOnestly, they are really cute, you should make them for family for chrismtas! Your family would love them!!

Cody and Tracie Bradford said...

You've got to be kidding me! I guess you have a little bit of grandma Johnson in you:)

Andrea said...

CUTE Apron! You'll have to teach me how to do that someday! (not that I would ever use it becouse I don't cook :)

Erin said...

Very cute you little homemaker!

Hales Family said...

Wow! I am impressed. They turned out really cute. I need to take up sewing for real. It is fun once you get going. Until the needle breaks or something. (Always happens to me!)

Lori said...

Good Job! Those are darling! You fit right in with your sister-n-laws, you all look so much a like! I am not much of a sewer either. I have done a few things, but I am still learning :)

Anonymous said...

Good job sista! They turned out darling. Can I order one?

Kandas said...

Hey- they turned out really cute! I love them. Good job!

The Daley Fam said...

Your aprons are so cute! That looks like a lot of fun. I am quite impressed with your homemaking skills! Now you can wear your apron for Jared...if you know what I mean!

Matt and Tiff said...

That apron is so cute! I am very impressed! Your in-laws are so cute, I am glad you all get along! Dance is so much fun! Thanks for helping get it set up. That will make up for wearing a Jacob shirt (I guess)! We had fun with you guys this weekend! You are both so funny!

Herd of Sheps said...

I am impressed Kate. Good, now you can teach me!! See, I always find a way to benefit :). Very cute aaprons gals!

Jessie and Justin said...

Great ob Katie! now youcan make one for me!lol