Thursday, December 30, 2010

NYC

Got an early Christmas present this year!!!  One of my favorite places in the whole world is NYC!  I love the energy that is there!  I love it!  I would move there in a heart beat!  My friend Brandy came with me and we had a ball!
 Here we are at our Broadway Show...Driving Miss Daisy!  Kind of random show to see but it was pretty good!
 I love Times Square....one of favorite places ever!
 Top of Empire State Building!
 ~Can you see Macys~
 Two of my favorite people in the world!  And Jareds too.  We met Mel and Gary the month after me and Jared got married in our BYU ward (lame..I know)!  You could call them our "sole couple!"  ;)  Jared was sad that he didn't get to come and hang with Gary.  They live in a suburb of Manhattan.  Me and Brandy stayed at their house the first three nights.  We wish we lived closer to them...... ;(
 This is the life of a hardworking lawyer in NYC.  He goes to work at around 8 a.m. on the train and gets home around 8-9p.m. and that is on a good day.  Yet, he is home but still has to work on files!! Mel you really are my idol!
 This one was for Lillie!
 The decorations were so fun because it was Christmas!
 Rockefeller Tree in the day time!
 American Girl Store.  I can not WAIT to one day take Lillie here.  It was amazing!  So fun!
 This was for Lillie too!
 Coolest Apple store...this was for Jared!
 One night we decided to have dinner at the Plaza!  Don't worry it was this cute little restaurant in the basement and it had all these different stations of food and it was so yummy and very well priced!
 We went on a fun carriage ride through Central Park.  It was such a fun little ride! And in case you were wondering...yes we were cold!
 After a fun day in Chinatown...don't worry about what is in those bags!  I am pretty sure Brandy did not buy 5 purses!  It was so so so cold but so so so fun!
 Me and the girls in front of our hotel! p.s. thanks Mom for getting us such a great rate!
 My Mama and her best friend since they were kids, Calleen!  It was such a good time being with these ladies!  Thanks for making us giggle!
 Me and my Mom!  This is mine and my moms 3rd trip to NY.  It never gets old!  

Rockefeller Tree at night!  And yes...I was freezing!
Me and Brandy in Times Square on our last night.  So much fun!  Brandy did not want to leave.  This was such a big deal for Brandy to come with me because she has never left her husband and two little boys. Plus she has not been on an airplane for 13 years!  What?!?  It was so fun to watch her experience New York!  She could not get over the buildings, time square, she loved the Empire State building.  The train station and the subway.  She disliked ground zero.  It is such a sad place.  :(  One of the nights we stayed up talking to Gary and she asked him a million questions from rent to why the WTC were hit.  She would gasp at every answer..it was just so funny!  :)  So thanks Brandy for coming with me!  It was such a fun trip!  Fun memories were made!  And in case you are wondering..yes, it tastes like regular pepsi!  Hahaha!!! ;)

1 comment:

Melanie said...

So glad you came. Let's work on a way to get you and Jared to move out here. You know it would be fun...