Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Life as we know it!

To celebrate our one year mark down under we decided to take a holiday to a cute little town called Rosebud!  

And by we, I mean, me and my rug rats.  
Jared went on his "holiday" to America!
Okay, okay it was a work trip but he still got to go home! ;)

So us three mamas loaded up our kids and went on an adventure!

1st stop Maccas! 
No cooking for us hard working mamas! 


These crazy kids sure do love each other!


But some love each other more than others!! ;)
Shhhh! Boston will kill me!


Silly boys!


Nothing better than sitting around and talking with friends!
I have made some of the best friends!


It was a little cold but we still took a one year photo on the beach!

And Jared had these bad boys delivered to me at our guest house!  
Sometimes I wonder how I got so lucky!

So, the world is pretty big!
Earth, ya know!
Big!
But, I am about to tell you how small this world is!

While Jared is in Utah I get this picture.


I randomly get this picture and I kinda panic a tad!

The little boy is my friend Calies son who lives in Utah.
The woman is my friend Emmas sister.
Emma lives in Australia with me. 
Her sister lives in Utah.

So Calies son broke his arm and had to have surgery
and his nurse was Emmas sister! 
Are you following???

Calie hears the nurse talking and immediately hears an Australian accent and asks her if she is from Australia. 

She says yes!

Calie:  "My friend moved to Australia a year ago and loves it!"

"Liz:  Does it happen to be Katie Auger?"

"WHAT!!"

I had to laugh pretty hard at this story.  I had just been on a holiday with her sister in Rosebud!

And the best part was that during the long and kinda intense surgery 
Jared got to hang out with them!!!

In the words of my good friend Napoleon Dynamite
"LUCKY!!!!!!"

Anyway, at this point Jared has now been in Utah like 10 days or so and I am
just ready for him to be home!

The night before he came home, Paxton, decided he wanted to do what his good friend Jaren did!



Yep, you guessed it!
He broke his arm.
Not as bad as his mate Jaren but still not fun!

So poor Jared came home not only exhausted and tired but 
he came home to a grumpy mom and a grumpy son!!!

So while the load was heavy....I figured he wouldn't mind this gem.
I figure it would it either make or break him!! Ha!

Luckily, he was pretty excited!!!
We both cried a little!
I still can't believe we are going to have 4 rug rats!
I feel extremely excited and nervous all rolled into one!

After I gave Jared his gift...he gave me mine!
Thank heaven for American food! ;)

For the most part our lives are pretty much the same thing everyday...

Playing with our best mate Lincoln!


Oh, you know just #nailing every spelling test!!


And Lillies new thing...losing teeth on a weekly basis!

Weekly basketball trainings and games for this kid!

Dinner with missionaries is at the top of the kids lists!!


Oh, and we can't forget the Grand Final of AFL
Aussie Football League


We were a house divided!


and the end Hawthorn is the winner!
Bishop sure was happy!


Lastly, not sure if you remember this picture that we took during the first month we lived here!


Well flash forward....


ONE YEAR!!!!

A year it has been!




2 comments:

Bignell said...

Always so entertaining!! Love it and love you xxx

upthebighill said...

What a wonderful year you have had!!! So proud of all of you for taking on this big adventure with a smile!!! Love and miss you all! Mom