Thursday, April 8, 2010

Birth Story

And the story goes like this...I went to the doctor Monday the 22nd and I had progressed a little farther so my Doc sent me to be induced at noon. I got to the hospital at noon but they were busy doing an emergency c-section so I actually did not get hooked up and started on the pit until 2! My doctor broke my water at about 5. At this point I was still a 2 and only like 90% thinned. The times passed by so slow 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, and 10. At ten o'clock the nurse checked me and I will still a 2 and 90% thinned. So the Doc said that if every hour she checked me and I didn't start progressing then I needed to prepare my self for a c-section. I have no idea why but that totally scared me. I know a lot of people who have them and love them. However, for me labor does totally suck and then when I am a 10 and I get to push my adrenaline starts pumping and I love it! Weird! Plus, I knew what to expect with doing this way. I had my first two that way and thats what I know how to do. Anyway, at 11 I had thinned a little more but not a ton. And the same thing at midnight. Finally when she checked me at 1 a.m. (now realizing that baby would be born on the 23rd) I was barely a three. She called my doctor and he said that he had just delivered a baby in Provo and that he was headed over to check me and do a c-section. I totally went into panic mode and start throwing up. We called my brother Tyler to come give me a blessing. He got to the hospital at 1:40ish and him and Jared gave me a blessing. It helped calm me down a ton. I am so grateful for the priesthood and I know that is what totally helped me progress and have Paxton.
Within in like ten minutes I started feeling a ton of pressure so I called the nurse in to check me. We all about died when she told me I was a 7!!! My doctor got to the hospital at 2:10 and checked me again and I was a 10 and complete! He said that he should have threatened me that he was on his way to do the c-section a lot earlier. Anyway, they hurry and got the room ready and I delivered the little bug at 2:50! I pushed through two contractions! Phew! Can you believe that?!? This is my THIRD child! I thought my body would totally know what to do. My first two were shorter than that. It was definetly a long day/night but he was totally worth the wait. He has been the best baby. He is an amazing sleeper! I have never had a baby nurse and he totally gets it. He rarely cries and when he does it is so soft.
I have a friend who has a theory that however your baby came into this world is kinda how their personality is. I would say that this theory is true. Paxton is patient and wanted to come when he was good and ready! We are all so in love with and feel so blessed to have another special spirit in our home!

The crew patiently waiting with me!

Paxton finally made it!

Pax and Dad!

My family! They are so great!

Coming home!

Jared and the kids made this cute sign for me and Paxton!

My family before we went to the hospital!

My family after! Still adjusting that we have 3 kids! 3!!!

Every time I look at this picture I get a little teary! And then I look at Lillie and giggle!

4 comments:

Pokemon said...

What a story. I am glad you made it through without a C-section. What a cutie bug that Paxton is. You are a family of 5, now that is crazy! Good luck with everything and keep the pictures coming.

-Paige

Anto Gillies said...

that last pic could make anyone get teary! adorable! congrats girl!

Whitnee said...

wow!! thats quite the story!! I would have been nervous about a C too!!! Congrats!

the cummins family said...

Well you do deserve at least one kid who is calm, :). As for that last picture, before I read your comment I had the exact same thought, lol, she kills me.

You have such a cute little family.