Thursday, March 26, 2009

{Lillie}

I cannot even believe that my baby is 2!!!! I cannot even handle how cute she is and how much fun I have with her. I remember back to the day when I found out I was pregnant with her. I am not exaggerating when I tell you that I literally cried for like two months! Boston was such a colicky (sp?) baby and he was only 9 months old when I found out that I was prego with Lillie! He had just gotten where he was easy. He was crawling and sleeping through the night. The thought of doing all of that all over again was so overwhelming! I remember taking the test and it was positive and I was crying and Jared was trying to comfort me and I didn’t say anything for a long time and Jared finally said are you okay and I said it better be a girl or else…….lol!!!! So about four months later on Bostons 1st birthday I had went and had a gender ultrasound done and I told the ultrasound guy to not tell me the gender and put it in on a paper I had scrapbooked and that night on his birthday I opened it with all the family!!! It was such a fun thing and such a special experience for me and Jared.

So low and behold on March 26th came our little Lillie Ashlie(she shares her birthday with her Auntie Kellie) weighing in at 7 lb 7 oz! She wasn’t colicky, or fussy, and honestly has been so easy from day 1. I think most of that has to do with me learning to let the little things go. I threw the books away and let her do her own thing….well for the most part. Also she has her dads laid back personality and Boston is more stubborn like me!

So two years later and Lillie we all just love you so much! I am so grateful that our Heavenly Father sent you to our family. Even if Mom didn't think she was ready for you! Such a testimony builder for mom that He does have a plan for us even if it doesn’t match what we think our plan is! Happy Birthday Lillie---I love you sweetie!!!!!

I tried flipping her hair out with my flat iron lol!!

11 comments:

Andrea said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LILLIE!!! I can't believe are babies are 2!

Jenni and Eric said...

COOL! Happy Birthday Lillie! We are all so happy to have you in our little fam!
Love, Aunt Jenni

Jared and Shalynn said...

Happy Birthday Lillie!! I can't believe she's 2 already. And I've flipped Cambree's hair with the flat iron too...jared wasn't so fond of it :)

A New Life Student said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
A New Life Student said...

Happy Birthday Lillie!! I hope she has had a wonderful day. She is so adorable and I love the hair! Are you coming Monday? I would love to see you while I am here. I heard club was a wild one last month :)

Whitnee said...

Happy Birthday Lillie!!! I love her hair like that, it's super cute!! Time flies by dosen't it? Well, she is such a cutie!

Unknown said...

ahh.. that picture is adorable.. she is so cute.. can't believe she is 2 either! she was so tiny at my wedding! so fun!

Kandas said...

2?? What in the world!!! How does time goes so fast? That picture of her is too dang cute. I love the hair fliped out! she is adorable. Happy B-day Lillie.

Ashley Garbe Smith said...

I love this story. I guess Heavenly Father DOES know what's best for us even if we don't agree at the time. So sweet!

Kandas said...

1 MONTH 5 DAYS!!

Wells and Chrisi Brockbank said...

hey Katie- I am putting in that order for those leggings and I was not sure if you wanted some or not... let me know eiter on my blog or on my facebook. i just need to know by tonight cause I am gonna make the order tonight