Sunday, September 7, 2008

Smalltown = Hometown



Drill team reunion!  It was so much fun!  I loved seeing people that I have not seen in awhile.  So Thursday we all met at the high school and we got split up into 3 groups..the 80's, the 90's, and the 00's!  We all learned like a 45 sec dance and then we had dinner and then went out to the football field to mark it!  HA!   It was a long night and by the end of the night I was feeling old and sore!  Friday we were supposed to be to the high school at 6 sharp.  I had to meet Jared at my moms to give him the kids and so I decided to get ready there.  I was in my old bedroom with my drill shirt on and I totally felt like I was in high school again....until Boston walked in the room and said MOM i need juice!  That brought me back to reality!  So of course we had to take some fun pictures.  All 3 of Jareds sisters were on drill and so it was fun to do it with them minus Jenni because she lives in Texas but we all totally missed her!  And my sister-in-law Kellie was on drill too so it was quite the family affair!  When we got out on the field it was totally fun!  So a big thanks to Michelle!  It was such a fun night.

Me and Jared before the game!  The picture always taken of me by the mantle!  LOL!!
Kellie, Jamie, Me, and Erin!  All we are missing is Jenni!  :(
All of us and Michelle!

Jackie, Katie, Rashell, Kellie--I have taught both of their girls dance!  They did awesome!

Me and Allie after halftime!  GO DONS!!

After the game me and Jared drove up to my parents to get the kids and they were in such silly moods.  Especially Lillie.  She looks somewhat frightful because she pulled her hair out but cute none the less!!  As I was driving down center street to go back to Salem I all the sudden got so emotional.  I was just so thankful for small towns, my little family, my whole family, my friends and just being able to grow up and know everyone!  Sometimes I hated that about Spanish Fork but sometimes it is fun!  :)  So thanks to everyone who came and watched us perform...especially my dad!  I make him come to everything I do...softball games both womens and coed(even if the game is at 9:30 and is a double header), dance performances/competitions, and whatever else.  He always comes!  :)

12 comments:

Lori said...

I love reunions too! Your park city trip looked fun. Your kids are cute, I wouldn't love getting up early either. I am not a morning person :)

Dustin and Jamie said...

That was fun!! I'm glad we were able to do that together! I need those pics.

Robbins said...

Jackie is my secretary here at Rees. I love her. She is so fun. I wish I could have seen all of you dancing. I bet it was way fun having everyone together.:)

The Daley Fam said...

That sounds like so much fun. I wish I could've watched you. That fun you had so many relatives on Drill too. I love Spanish Fork too. Now if I could just hurry and get back up there!

Hales Family said...

Darling pictures. You guys were awesome! That brought back a lot of memories. I wish Michelle would have busted out some of the old costumes!!

Jason, Natalie & Maicie said...

That looked like a lot of fun! I love my life now but what I would give to go back and have one weekend of competitions! With the Studio I mean, ya know. And you still kind of live it in a different sort of way but I am jealous! It went by all too fast! Anyway, that was a cute story of you getting ready in your room in your drill shirt and it felt like your were in High School again..so on! I know what you mean! Anyway I need to call you again soon! Miss ya!

Jenni and Eric said...

Oh fun, I am sorry I missed it! I am glad you took pictures.

A New Life Student said...

I am so glad you had fun. I sure wish I was there to see it! I agree, there is something about a small town that is so great.

utmommy said...

How fun!!!

Katie said...

Aw man! I can't believe I missed it! Looks like fun although, I'll be honest, if you were sore I think I would be in a wheel chair by the end! You look so cute in you drill shirt. Ah drill team, great memories! Miss you!

Jeff. Nikki. Keizya. Reila. said...

Katie, I had so much! I'm so glad you came...but not glad at how amazing of a dancer you still are...after 2 kids nonetheless! I've had one and I think I re-ripped my stomach to shreds! Thanks for the classic Katie picture on the basketball hoop! And about the feeling like you're in high school thing, I was definitely having those flash backs for two days...wierd, but also very cool that we live in a small town and there are so many people that stick around. Love ya Katie!

Ashley Garbe Smith said...

This was fun to see - It made me long for a Cheer reunion! Growing up, I always hated living in a small town where everyone knew everyone else's "bidness" but now...I hate to admit...I kind of miss it - - Probably not enough to move back, but enough to visit a lot!! ;-) You still look just as amazing and adorable as you did in high school!