Friday, August 8, 2008

Brit's Benefit

This is a picture of Brit one day after his accident at Primary Childrens Hospital. They have such an amazing staff. The surgeon who did his face was amazing.


A bunch of the kids last night watching the roping. Boston, Brit, Kael, and Evan!
Boston and Brit...buddies for life!

About a month ago my nephew got tramped by a horse. It was really scary. He is such a cute kid and he is only 2...it freaked me out to watch him go thorugh such a trial at a young age(boston's age). His injuries include: a fractured skull, 3 broken ribs, 2 hoof prints on his chest, a hole in his lung, a broken foot in 3 places, a bunch of stitches and staples in the back of his head and to the front of his face. It ripped his face from like his lip kinda up to his ear. When the accident happened they took him to Heber Hospital because that is where they were camping but they immediately life flighted him to Primary Childrens. Last night some people put on a Roping Rodeo Benefit to help pay for some of the hospital bills. Over 100 roping teams showed up which was so amazing. Also people bought a ton of raffle tickets and also just donated money.
It was such an amazing night. Brit is such a trooper and literally the life of every party. He has such a charismatic personality that everyone is drawn to. He is a good little cowboy. If someone would have told us that in one month he would be doing this awesome we would not have believed them. Boston loves Brit and is always excited to play with him.

12 comments:

Leilini W. Kinikini said...

That is such a heart warming story Katie, what a cute lil' boy! It's nice to see the community step in and help when needed! It's good to hear he's a tropper, and will get better soon!

My heart goes out to his family.

Ben and Jen Shell said...

Wow!! That is amazing, I heard about what happened not long after and couldn't beileve it. Im so glad that Brit is doing well, he is a little trooper.

A New Life Student said...

That is so scary! Poor little guy. I am so glad he is going to be okay.

Cody and Tracie Bradford said...

Katie,

Thanks for supporting us last night. There ended up being almost two hundred teams in the #6 roping and close to 100 teams in the open roping. I know most people don't know what that means but it is ALOT! We are sp thankful for our family and friends in our time of need and everyone pitching in and helping with the other kids and stuff.

Love Ya
Tracie

Erin said...

Oh my gosh, reading that story just made me cringe. I cannot imagine watching something like that happen to such a youngster. Poor little guy. But I am so glad to hear he's doing better!

Anto Gillies said...

I heard about this but I didnt know you were related! he is so cute and so brave!

Kandas said...

Oh my heck, I didn't even know that had happened. How scary! I hope things are going well for him!

Dinner and the movie was really fun. We should do it more often! As for aprons, I would love to help you make one.

Nicole said...

Oh my Gosh!! what a horrible thing to go through! I can't imagine feeling what his parents and all of you felt. I am so happy that he is doing so well! We are so blessed to have such great doctor's to take care of our little ones. For sure he was being watched over, it could have been so much worse! That is so great about the community helping out! It just shows that when people really need help people will step and give a hand! hope life is treating you guys well!!

Anonymous said...

How scary... we are trully blessed to live by such an amazing hospital! May the Lord continue to bless you and your family.

utmommy said...

Poor guy! It looks like he's doing. Primary Children's is an amazing hospital!

The Daley Fam said...

That is the saddest thing ever! I'm SO glad he's doing so well now. He is such a cute kid.
Hey, I'm coming up this weekend we need to go to lunch or something. I'll give you a call!

J and Stac said...

Hey Katie! Sorry to hear about your nephew.....Jory roped in the benefit ropin.....he said it was a good turn out. I am glad that he is doing better keep us posted!