Saturday, February 2, 2013

L.O.V.E

Once upon a time a very very long time ago I was a tennis manger 
for the mens tennis team at Spanish Fork High School!

I don't remember much of that time in my life.
I do remember that I got a hoodie.
I think we made them a good luck poster!

But, to this today I really do not know the ins and outs
of tennis!  I mean for the 
LOVE
it is a little confusing.
Why can't zero be zero???

Fast forward a few years (like 11 years)...
Jared comes in at 10 am and said
do you want to go to the Australian Open?
Front Row?
at 11?

Umm....yes!  Yes, I do!!

After making a few phone calls, arranging sitters,
getting myself ready, and the kids ready 
we made it out the door.

Off we went into the city!





First game was a mens match.  We saw Berdych play.  He was impressive.  Serious strong legs!



1/2 time!

{i know, i know - no 1/2 time in tennis}

Hot Dogs are at tennis games!


Womens match was super fun becauseit was an Aussie!
Sammy Stoser!
Poor girl lost on her home court
with her biggest fans watching.
Bummer!



Aussie Aussie Aussie
Oi Oi Oi


Spectacular!


In the end I may not be a tennis guru
but I still had the best time.
In my next life I want to be one of the 
little guys that would run and get the ball.
They took their job serious and it was so fun
to watch!!! Maybe in my next life
I will understand tennis!



Start saving your money and come to Melbourne next year for the Open!
Free room and board when you arrive! 


1 comment:

Aimee said...

I should have thought to look for you! We watched a bunch of matches. I'm so jealous of your experience down there. I'm trying to convince Dane that we could move to germany after he's done with school. (We'd be living on an army base though.) I can't wait to hear about Thailand!