Thursday, September 6, 2012

13598 kilometers or 8450 miles or 7342 nautical miles


What do all those numbers mean? You mean you don’t know?  Well that is the exact km or miles or nautical miles (no clue what that even means) between Salem and Melbourne, Australia!  So please all you marathon runners…come and visit me…won’t you?

Melbourne, Australia

It has “un”officially began!  I can hardly believe it!  We put our house up for sale on KSL on July 5th!  On July 18th we received an offer, countered (cause that is the game you have to play), and then counter offered (blah), and ACCEPTED!  It all moved really fast after that!  Between packing, sorting, yard selling, trips to the D.I., and of course the dump we made it out of our first home!  August 17th is a day I will never forget.  Such a bittersweet day for me.  It was our first home.  We built this house, it was our house, I brought Lillie and Paxton home to that house as sweet newborns, I cried in that house, I laughed in that house, I met some of the best friends in that house!  I learned so many great life lessons in that house!  Birthdays were celebrated, milestones were reached, and anniversaries celebrated! My kids had amazing friends, our neighbors were amazing, and it was just all around amazing!  My heart still aches a little when I think of it and I know that it is not mine anymore! 

Moving on.  Literally.

We are now the newest residents of Woodland Hills.  We are the  “30 year old” married couple that lives with our parents.  Rock on!  We were watching the news when they did a segment on how the rates of married people that are living with parents are going up and up!!! We all kinda sat there and then it donned on us….uh that’s us!!!  On the bright side this is only a transition period for us. 

We move down under on October 2nd!  I can’t believe it.  In less than a month I will be on to our big “ADVENTURE!!”  ps if you see me and you are smart you will not call my Australian escapade an “adventure!”  If you’re smart!

It is so weird to feel so many emotions about one thing.  It is kinda like having a baby.  Excited, nervous, scared, and at the end of the day you know your whole world is going to change.  My heart aches already for things that I haven’t even left yet.  It aches for my kids as well.  We are losing grandparents, aunts, sisters, cousins, uncles, brothers, friends, school, neighbors, and well everything that we have known.  When I get overwhelmed, like anxiety attack overwhelmed all I have to do is look at my sweet husband.  I am so proud of him.  He has worked so hard to be where he is at in his career.  He has put in hours of hard work, tons of traveling away from us, and the list could go on.  He is always my biggest fan.  Always.  When I have my highest of highs or my lowest of lows.  I know that he will be there to tell me I am beautiful and the best mom ever.  So in the end I feel so honored to finally be there for him.   Even if that means packing up my cute little family and going 8,540 miles away from everything we know.

So, as we are about to go down under!  Please join us on this experience! Aw, who am I kidding! This ADVENTURE!  It should be fun…

Until next time mate!

11 comments:

Janean said...

You are going to be missed! But I can't say I'm not a little jealous! This neighborhood and ward will just look forward to 2 years when you return with welcome arms so happy to see your cute family again! Keep the posts coming so we can see how your family is doing.

Unknown said...

Will miss seeing you! Can't wait to read about all your new experiences.

Unknown said...

Will miss seeing you! Can't wait to read about all your new experiences.

Unknown said...

Will miss seeing you! Can't wait to read about all your new experiences.

Unknown said...

Will miss seeing you! Can't wait to read about all your new experiences.

Unknown said...

Will miss seeing you! Can't wait to read about all your new experiences.

Katie L. said...

So excited for you guys! :)

Sue M said...

I was excited you are doing a Blog. Now I know that we will be able to follow you on your next chapter. Is that better than "adventure"? You will be missed and so I hope you spend time keeping us updated.

Sarah Ward said...

This made me laugh, smile, and cry:):(

The Daley Fam said...

Okay, you just brought tears to my eyes. I can't imnagine all the mixed emotions you're feeling right now. Crazy! Sorry if I've ever called it an "adventure", because I'm pretty sure I have. :) Have so much fun and if you have any time before the moving date, I'd love to have a girls night, or even just an icecream or drink run, if that's all we can squeeze in!

Pokemon said...

I remember talk of this quite a while back and now you're really off! How crazy! You totally better keep up on this blog. And I've always wanted to go to Australia or New Zealand. Someday. I can dream anyway.