Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Project!!!

So the story goes like this!

Walking through Swiss Days back in September and I see this quilt that I LOVE! They are selling it for $80 and I think to myself I can make this and the pattern is only $8! I buy the pattern! I immediately buy all the fabric the week after Swiss Days and I am so pumped!

September

October

November

December

January....My neighbors finally said we are going to finish this quilt before the baby gets here! So, the madness begins!

7 1/2 hours of cutting it out
1 hour trying to figure out the heat on
$8.25 on 100 STRAIGHT PINS
1 hour trying to figure out the patterns dumb measurements
13 or so hours of sewing
Multiple trips to JoAnns' and Gracie Lou's
1 hour of cutting the edges

and this is what you get...............

(I can't believe I am posting this pic...sick)
Once again a sick picture of me but it just turned out so dang cute!

Thank you to all of those who helped! I think the baby will LOVE it! If he doesn't then I think I know a little 4 yr. old that will!!!

Phew!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

You're my baby. . . . and I'm so proud of you. Five months isn't too long to finish a project though. Remember it took me 10 years - wait, just nine, to finish Ashlie's afghan. LOL!!! You're a chip off the old block alright. I'm grateful you have so many great friends. The baby will LOVE and KNOW there is LOTS of TLC in his special quilt!

PixieGirl said...

First of all...you NEVER look sick! Second of all, you're amazing-that's a huge project to take on and it turned out darling! Way to go! Love you, H

utmommy said...

Holy cow that's a lot of work. It looks great!

MJ said...

OOooooo I LOVE it! So adorable. And, what commitment. I wish I had that commitment to crafty things, but oh well! You look beautiful.

Cristi & McKay Morley said...

I love it, I can never get motivated to do stuff like that and I need to start! Way to go!

Jeff. Nikki. Keizya. Reila. said...

Wow Katie that is super detailed...it looks awesome! You should definitely be proud of yourself:) I thought Boston would be pretty jealous of that knowing how much he loves pirates. I sent my money in today...and sent you an email so look at it :)

A New Life Student said...

Well look at you little miss crafty! I love it. It is SOOO cute. I am so jealous because I am just not crafty. Are you getting ready for that baby to come? Oh and you look great. You couldn't look sick if you tried!

Wendi said...

Wow, I'm so impressed! It looks awesome -- and really hard too!

The Daley Fam said...

Oh my heck Katie I love it. That took some serious work!...totally worth it. I had to zoom in to get the full effect. Pregnant and motivated. I'm impressed! You're hilarious too...quite good with words. Let's plan something soon. We must get our time in before you have to leave. :(