Thursday, April 24, 2008

~Best Friends, Bowling, and Bruises~








Boston totally has a best friend and it is the cutest thing in the world.  In the morning I get him all bathed and dressed for the day and he automatically thinks he is going to Hunters house to play!   When I tell him no we are going to the grocery story...he gets mad.  However, it is easy to distract his attention with saying we will stop and get a powdered sucker and then all is well.  And  yes he asks me specifically for powdered suckers!  :)  So back to the best Friend thing!  Him and Hunter love to play with trucks, diggers, back hoes, swimming, run away from any adults present, and we tried something new last weekend...bowling!  Totally fun and they both loved it for about 3 frames and then Boston was totally done.  However, Hunter played all ten frames!  I was just dying at  how little the bowling shoes came.  Jared had to tie his laces up around his ankles.  
Boston has been so naughty lately and I am really struggling with him and I think everyone knows it.  I am constantly getting advice from anyone and everyone.  To an extent I like it on the other hand it is hard because I am a true believe in every child is different and what worked with one is not going to work with the other.  And I think he is really rowdy and probably bugs a lot of people but at the end of the day he is my little boy who I would never trade in a million years.  He is a very fun loving person and he thinks everyone is his grandpa.  When we walk into church or even in Maceys to our bagger.  He says hello grandpa!  He is very smart and keeps me and Jared on our toes!  I know that one day these terrible twos will pass.  As hard as he is I don't know what I would do with out his morning snuggles, his good night kisses, and his daily smile!  
Now where do I start with Lillie...poor girl she has been walking for a month and you think she would be good at it but she is my little drunk.  She is constantly with a new bruise on her head.  However the bruise on her forehead is from the neighbor boy pushing her in her stroller with out buckling it and she fell out on her head!   :(  I was not too happy about that.  She is still my sweet little angel who I am so grateful I have.  She can warm my heart without a moments notice.  Lately she has been getting into everything.  My new motto is...oh well!  Ha hA!  

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Katie! I can't believe that I didn't know about your blog! I'm so glad I found it! I'm going to add you to my blog- lymanfamilyof6.blogspot.com Anyway, my only comment about the "parenting" thing is this- every child will teach you something- let's face it they teach you more than you teach them. My mom's always told me that you love all your kids the same, but you enjoy each of them individually! (In other words- you enjoy each child for individual things.) Anyway, you're a good mom and as the years pass you'll actually look back at this time in your life with extreme fondness! (I promise!) Love ya babe!

Josee said...

Hey Katie your kids are so cute! I totally agree that it seems every kid is different and what works for one won't work for another. The two's are a very hard age Braylee is just getting into them. They have a little mind of their own and nothing is going to change that. I just figure I just have to laugh and enjoy each stage because they go fast. I can tell your a great mom!!! We should get together are you coming to brick oven I hope you are it will be fun!!

shannon said...

Katie! Pam just told me about your blog...duh! so fun! your photos are fantastic...and about the naughty thing. have you heard about the book "scream free parenting" or "parenting with love and logic"? both of those have helped us with our very strongwilled collin. check them out!

Kandas said...

Your kids are too cute Kate. I love that Boston has a best friend already, that makes me smile! Have fun!!

Lori said...

Oh... I know Katie. They are tough sometimes!! It's a Boy thing, I swear! He is adorable!

So I noticed before the next picture the laces on Jareds ankles, and I thought, that is totally Jared. Then the next picture of Boston, oh my heavens, I started laughing and thought that was the cutest thing! Like Father, Like Son!

The best friend thing is adorablE!!! Braden has little best friends too, and I love it!

Jonny, Mel, Aaron said...

Katie, you and your children are adorable. Reading about your experiences makes me nervous and excited about whatever is going to come. You are a great mother!

Leilini W. Kinikini said...

Your motto cracks me up "Oh well"
Sounds like fun!
That's kids 4 ya...they deffinately got a mind of they own!

Jaimi said...

Kate, if it isn't one thing its another that is what I have learned. Just to prep you three is harder and the best part (ok maybe the worse) because I have been there is when one is three and the other is two. I still remember Tanner at 4yrs. saying I can't wait 'til Abbie is four then she will be nice and that is what I thought too until she turned four well you catch my drift. Anyway I think you are a good mom and your kids will, I promise, turn out to be obedient kids cuz you are molding them through all of your struggles. Just don't have any more for a while, ha ha just kidding. The more the merrier. Your awesome and I thought your motto has always been oh well he he

Wilkinson Family said...

Your kiddies are so cute! Yes, sometimes the motto "Oh Well" is best, I can agree to that and Brecken is only 15 months, but with a 5 month old as well...
So I remember a while ago you wrote on your facebook that you survived Stake Conference with your kiddies? Any advice to another mother of 2? Brecken is getting to the stage where sitting still is few and far between

utmommy said...

Your kids are so cute!

I know all about little boys and trouble. I have one who is such a monster. He is full of energy. But, I love him. Sounds like he'll keep you on your toes, but at least it'll never be boring.

Cristi & McKay Morley said...

HEY GIRL YOUR KIDS ARE SO CUTE, BOSTON IS ALL JARED AND LILLIE IS ALL YOU! I CAN'T BELIEVE SHE'S ALREADY TURNING 1 THEY GROW SO FAST!! YOUR BLOG IS CUTE!

the cummins family said...

lol, i saw this post earlier but didn't look close. i love how(i'm sure jared) tied bostons shoes. thats hilarious. and i guess no one really knows about that cuz im the first to comment about it. and...im with jaimi. hasn't your motto always been oh well. lol
im glad i read thru this post its a good one. good luck with boston.

The Boothes said...

Your kids are huge!!! How fun is your little family? We are glad we found you guys and can keep in touch.

Christy said...

You are the best, Katie. I swear I can SO relate. There was a time when, at the end of the day, I would just cry! Because Jax was so "active," "curious" and "strong-willed" and FUN, even still...It's draining. I used to feel so guilty because I was constantly trying to keep him from completely killing himself or others. You know what though, I'm sure you know this, but the one thing that brings me comfort is "To everything there is a season, this too shall pass." You are awesome. Jax is now over 3 and he really has learned how to be a little less "rambo-ish" still crazy and fun, but he has REALLY gotten easier. Maybe that will give you some hope. Hey, we should get our boys together and we can sit behind glass doors and laugh while we watch! :) ha ha:0)

Robinson's said...

Hey it was good to see you last night! I'm glad someone else is obsessed with OTH it is the bomb! Anyway it will be fun to get together next month to hang out. Your kids are adorable!

Anonymous said...

I love, love, love blogging! I was so thrilled that you told me about your blog! I immediately came home from church and looked you up. Love your babies!