Friday, August 13, 2010

once in a while...

You find someone in this crazy world that you admire and hope that in your lifetime you can only hope to be at least half of who that person has become!

Meet Heather! She served as my YW President growing up! She was so fun!! Did back flips with me, talked with me about my boy issues, cried with me, danced with us, fed me spiritually, laughed with me through those lame teenage years!! At my wedding she had four young boys but somehow managed to make it to my sealing! I remember walking in the sealing room and seeing her just smiling at me!! With one of her big Heather smiles!! I remember feeling so special because she came! I don't think I have ever seen her mad. She has a million things going on in her life but when you see her she takes the time to look you in the eye and talk to you!! How is being married? How is being a mom? Are you balancing it all okay? Those questions that lots of people ask but are they really listening?! I know that she does listen and if I ever had a problem, question, or concern I could come to her!

She has a blog that is so inspiring! If I ever need a pick me up I just go to her blog and once again she lifts me up! If you would like to be inspired find her on my side bar!

Thank you Heather for being one of those people...especially in a world where those kind of people are hard to come by! I love you!

5 comments:

Courtney said...

She was great! And you're right, she definitely the kind of person I hope to be. Thanks for sharing, Katie! We were so lucky to have such an amazing YW leader.

dannyandbrewright said...

I couldn't agree with you more katie!! She truly is an amazing woman and such a wonderful example!!! I look at her blog all the time for a "pick me up." :) love you Heather!

PixieGirl said...

Awww, you are making me blush! We just got back in town after a weeks vacation and this was the funnest thing to come home to! All you girls inspire me and I learned so much from spending time laughing and crying and flipping and feeling the spirit with you! Thank you for changing my life. You will all ALWAYS be my adopted daughters! I love you:)

Jeff. Nikki. Keizya. Reila. said...

that's awesome that you have someone like that in your life Kate! My YW president was such a huge influence in my life as well...wish I could be the same for someone else. I loved your Sunday post...it reminded me of my Sundays at Jeff's parents house. But you are super lucky to have parents like you do :) Feel blessed you lucky girl! I feel like I haven't seen you for a long time...miss ya!

Kandas said...

This post is so sweet. I don't even know her but teared up reading the post and wish now that I did know her!

I love the post before this one too. I am a little blogging behind and can't handdle that picture of Lilly at her dance recital. That is priceless!