Tuesday, July 8, 2008

4th of July






Oh boy!~ What a weekend! We started out with breakfast at Jared's parents and then we went boating. Lillie and I didn't end up going boating because she was so tired and I was starting to feel sick, so we headed home for a 3 1/2 hour nap! However, Boston and Jared had such a good time on the boat.
I did get some close up pics of Lillie's rolls in her arms before I got her ready for her nap!!
When Jared got home, we went to Salem pond and had a little picnic with my family. I didn't bring my camera and I was so mad because someone had put this huge slip n slide at the pond at we look over and Boston had taken off his shirt and was just making him self right at home. He loved it! After Salem Pond we went back up to Jared's parents and had a bbq. One thing is always for sure at the Auger home...way good food! Jared's dad is a good cook! We only could stay at their house for just a little bit because we had to start heading to the STADIUM OF FIRE!!
It turned out to be so much fun. Jared didn't want to take the kids and I was like "who is going to babysit on the 4th," so we ended up taking them. Luckily, they were such angels! They loved it! Lillie hated the fireworks and sometimes the music was too loud but we just covered her ears and she would just kinda lay on us!! We loved Blue Man Group and I loved Miley!
I was kinda disappointed that she sang so many new songs but she was still good.
We got sweet parking and we were out of the park and home and in bed by like 11!
Yay for us and our kids!
Saturday when I woke up I was just so sick. Yuck!
Jared left for golf at like 10 and the kids and I just hung out at home. They had like four hour naps and of course I couldn't fall asleep. We met Jared at 5;00 for Brooklyn's baptism. It is weird to me that I have all these nieces and nephews turning eight. Crazy! Anyway after her baptism we went to see the movie Hancock with our neighbors. It was on okay show! It swears alot alot. I really like Will Smith so that part of the show was good!
Okay so the weekend had gone pretty good for the most part and then Sunday came. I was just sick and just felt like blah! We went to my moms house for a bbq around 2:00 and at about 4:30 my niece Sydnie runs in the room and says "Lillie has a whole in her head!!!!!" Yep. That's right she fell and hit her head on the corner of the piano bench and it put a whole in her forehead. So Jared and I left to take her to Payson hospital(that is where our insurance is) and the wait was like 2 hours so we left and went to Riverwoods Urgent Care.... After filling out 20 minutes of paperwork they take me back and the doctor says that it needs stitches and she needs to go to a hospital because they don't sedate...I was so mad! So off we go to Timpanogas Hospital! Yay for them! They looked at Lillies cut and decided that all she needed was super glue. It was such a relief but at the same time I was so mad at Riverwoods. It was like that doctor just didn't even want to work! Bug so Timp was great and she looks as good as new! However she can not get sun burnt for one year!
I finally went to the doctor on Monday and I need to go to an ENT because it is looking like I need my tonsils out! :) Anyway all in all I would say we had a good weekend! Always exciting when you have kids! Happy 4th!

14 comments:

The O'Briens said...

Talk about an insane weekend! It sounds like you had a blast regardless of feeling sick. I have some serious respect for that! If I feel sick, I am useless. I need to take a cue from you. I was cracking up that Boston just busted his short off and joined in on the slip 'n slide. What a cute kid. I'm so glad they were so good at the stadium. It seems like it can be so hit and miss whether or not it will be a good night or a bad one with little kids. I'm so sorry for your day of chaos with Lillie. The poor thing must have had such a headache from such a bang. I'm glad you finally found someone willing and competent enough to help her!! Keep us posted on the tonsils. Oh, and if that happens....you're allowed to be down for the count for at least a couple of days! :)

Erin said...

All I can say is I got exhausted just reading about your weekend! (And your kids - wink, wink) Happy 4th!

Ashley Garbe Smith said...

You are such a positive person! Your post made me smile because it sounds like you had such a fun weekend regardless of Lillie's injury and the bad tonsil news! Thanks for being such a good example. It really scares me to be a mom, but for some reason, you make it seem so easy!

utmommy said...

Sounds like crazy times. My oldest has had to get stitches in his head twice. It's pretty scary. Poor Lillie. Hopefully she's feeling better.


Sorry you've been feeling so crappy, no fun.

Nicole said...

Wow! What a fun weekend! DOn't you love it when your kids just invite themselves to play or get in on someone else's food, you kind of feel dumb for a second and then it's fine cause you know that every kid does it, Carson and Ellie would have been right there with him on the slippin slide!! That is so sad about the Emergency room, I hate it when your kid is hurt and no one cares! Hope that heals good. Good luck with your tonsils! Take care.

Lowe Down said...

POOR LILLIE!! I hope she is okay. That has to hurt! And Im really jealous that you get your tonsils taken out! Ive been trying to get mine out fo rYEARS now and they won't let me!! They are are swollen. Well i hope you guys are doing ok. Im sorry about lillie again.
have a good week!

Jenni and Eric said...

Oh my goodness, you had a crazy weekend! I am sorry Lillie got "a hole in her head!" andthe craziness that came with it- yikes! Loves, Jen

Brandee Lloyd said...

You say I have a crazy life with three kids it sounds like you are busy busy busy. That stinks that you had to go three different places before anyone would do anything. Talk to you soon. I can't wait for softball!

Lori said...

What an eventful 4th! Sorry your sick, it is so hard to be a Mom and be sick. It just doesn't work.

I feel so bad about Lillie. Poor little thing. I am glad she is okay. That is so scary when your babies are hurt.

My family said the same thing about the stadium of fire. They hated how she played all new songs.

Kandas said...

Don't you love July!! I love it so much. Looks like you guys had a great weekend... crazy but fun. Love the little bikini... oh my!!!

SFHS 2002 said...

Class of 2002 has started a blog. Check it out at www.sfhs2002.blogspot.com.

Mrs. Brindley said...

Your little family is darling! Your kids are so cute! I'm glad your little girl is okay! Good luck with the tonsils!

Anto Gillies said...

you look like you had alot of fun! I am glad! see u soon for dance! love ya

Robbins said...

Katy,
Hey just found your blog through Shannon Hales's. It is darling. Your kids are so darn cute. Easton comes home from nursery talking about Boston.:)
I hope you are feeling better. If you ever need a babysitter just give us a call. My kids would love to play with yours.
Billi